Many people wonder when to worry about varicose veins, and there’s no better place to get trustworthy answers than Siragusa Vein and Laser.
Here we’ll discuss how serious the condition can be. You’ll also learn how to get expert help and relief for these unsightly, uncomfortable veins.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are incompetent, faulty veins which no longer function properly. These veins block healthy blood circulation and they’re often noticed in the lower legs.
These damaged blood vessels can appear almost anywhere in your body. You’ll see discolored or swollen veins appearing purple, blue or red. They may be raised, bulging out from your skin.
What causes varicose veins?
Varicose veins are very common, and they can occur with age or family history. Pressure on the veins from lifestyle issues, such as sitting too much at your workplace, can also be a factor causing vein disease.
What are varicose vein symptoms?
These compromised veins may bring no symptoms at first. As time passes with untreated veins, leg pain may begin near these vessels. The area may itch or burn, while veins take on a knotted appearance. In later stages, your legs or ankles may swell or feel “heavy”.
Some more serious complications from untreated venous disease include:
- Vein rupture and bleeding
- Rash at the ankle or lower leg
- Skin ulcers, which may be slow to heal
- Limited mobility
- Painful phlebitis, which is a blood clot within a varicose vein
- And more
Can I just ignore varicose veins?
That would be unwise for many reasons. Consider these points:
- Your vascular symptoms mean that blood is not circulating properly in the area.
- Blood circulation is vital to your health and wellbeing, so any vein issues need medical evaluation as soon as you notice symptoms.
- What if you think your problem is “just cosmetic” and you avoid wearing shorts? Even this can be stressful, and limit your enjoyment of life. Stress alone can lead to poor health. Get an evaluation and learn your options to avoid doubts and worry.
- What if you haven’t noticed any vein problems? Get a checkup anyway if they run in your family, you’ve been sedentary or you’re aging.
- What if you’re overdue for vein care? Trust experienced vein surgeons to diagnose the seriousness of your varicose veins and recommend the best treatment options.
- Vein care is a simple way to guard your health for life.
How we diagnose varicose veins
Diagnosis may involve a painless Doppler ultrasound, medical history, and a symptom survey. This information, along with expert observation and exam from your vein specialist, can detect the extent of your vascular disease. You cannot tell just by looking, so let an experienced vein doctor eliminate your concerns.
How we treat varicose veins
We offer a universe of vein care options, including the latest technology and techniques. Our skilled vein surgeons treat most vein issues with non-invasive or minimally-invasive methods. In mild cases, compression socks and observation (regular check-ups) may be all that’s needed.
Skilled vein doctors can often banish varicose veins using a variety of vascular procedures with high-tech equipment. Your treatment is planned for your specific needs. Treatment may involve a few needle sticks (sclerotherapy) and/or highly focused laser light therapy to destroy faulty veins.
Less commonly, our vein surgeons remove the problem vein through small cuts in the skin (microphlebectomy or ambulatory phlebectomy).
Curing varicose veins
Our methods restore blood flow to the area through nearby veins and typically require little to no downtime. Patients generally report little or no pain from our state-of-the-art vein treatments.
Once eliminated, new varicose veins can form, so patients may need future treatment to keep legs healthy and looking great.
Siragusa’s vein clinic in nashville
If varicose veins are causing you health problems, schedule a consult with us right away. It doesn’t matter whether it’s the middle of winter or July here in Nashville, TN. We’ll plan out a course of vein treatment to help you deal with varicose veins, spider veins, or DVT
Getting Your Insurance To Cover Your Vein Treatment
Many of our patients are very surprised to learn that Insurance often covers the treatment of symptomatic spider veins. The insurance specialists at Siragusa Vein and Laser have compiled a list of ways to get your insurance provider to cover your treatment.
Take The First Step
If you are ready to stop hiding your legs and dealing with the embarrassment of spider veins, let Dr. Siragusa and his team get you back to loving your legs and living your life.